SC - Ready to smoke!

Michael P Newton melc2newton at juno.com
Thu Oct 16 09:26:36 PDT 1997

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:48:43 -0400 marilyn traber <margali at 99main.com>
writes:
No, I am the goddess of fire, I had a goose catch fire the first time
>ever tried to cook one over a camp fire. Luckily, it was at home[I
>always try it privately a few times first] so all the witnesses are
>dead
>[lol]
>margali
>and my lord uses the smoke detecter as a timer, when theres smoke, its
>done

{I'll see that goose and raise a cow}

Before I joined the SCA, the shire of Oakheart decide to try and
spit-roast a cow for feast. Unfortunately,they used the wrong type of
iron for the spit; it bent under the weight and the cow caught on fire.

One other fire story [non-food]
The shire of Crystal Mynes is well known for its first ever event. It
seems that some well intentioned fool decide to leave a lit candle in the
porta-john so that everyone could see what they were doing. Yes, it
caught the porta john on fire, and there was no hope in trying to save
it. What was worse, was since this was their first event, the seneschal
had rented it from her own personal funds.
The shires around helped out to pay for it, and chronicler nearly decided
to call the new newsletter "the flaming Porta-potty" [she didn't- it's
called "the Gilded Pick"]
Lady Beatrix of Tanet