SC - Re: eggs

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Thu Oct 16 22:58:05 PDT 1997

> along the lines of the versions of pickled eggs and tea eggs:
> Isn't there a recipe somewhere that calls for hardboiling eggs over a
> very low
> heat for a number of hours in a bath of onion broth or something of
> the like-
> for the flavor as well as the color?
> -brid
> (imagining somehow putting together all the various egg recipes and
> subtilties
> into one feast- tho' no one would probably ever want to see another
> egg
> eggain)

Beid Hamine, desert nomadic. Take the skins of all the onions you uae
that day, put eggs and skins in pot of water, place over low-med low
heat and keep just below a simmer. Purportedly, according to Aicha
Lemtouni the sister of a morroccan I was going out with for a while, the
recipe derives from putting eggs and water and onion peels in a pot
covered and set in the full sun. She says that in the highlands of
morocco, the water can sometimes get almost to a boil around noon in the
full sun. Ouch!
margali