SC - Re: Spam-a-Thon!

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Sun Oct 19 06:19:44 PDT 1997

<<
 Without, infidel. Russel Baker's recipe for fried bologna a la Nutley,
 Nouveau Jersey, is quite clear on this. It is to be fried in a
 dangerously hot pan, held down with a large fork, until the room is
 filled with blue smoke. It is served on air-filled white bread with
 thick lashings of mayonnaise, and washed down with a BromoSeltzer.

((shudder))

Is this an Eastern thing?  I have never been east of the Mississippi (except
for a couple of trips to Pennsic and Gulf Wars) and have never heard of
frying bologna.  We were served cold bologna on Wonder Bread with Miracle
Whip (memories of my childhood) needing to be taken with copius amounts of
cold milk.  (because the bread tended to glue itself to the roof of my
mouth).  But frying it??? Sounds less than intriguing.

Tyrca