Pickled egg recipes WAS Re: SC - Small Feasts-'unplanned' LONG

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Mon Oct 20 10:02:57 PDT 1997

OK...OK  I poured out the dregs of the pickled egg juice from the jar (oh
horrors...first time in the 30 yrs that I have owned this jar that it has
been totally empty!!) and measured how much it holds.....it holds just a
shade (2 oz) short of 3 quarts.

if you use a cup of vinegar you would use 3/4 cup of beet juice and 1/4 cup
of water  also if you leave out the lemon slices add 1/2 tsp of lemon juice

Dragonfyr

>>Ok let me try since I normally do this with no recipie at all .  I
>learned
>>this from my grandmother when I was very small and still use the same >jar
>>after all these years.  It is a 2 quart jar I THINK.
>
>>I boil a dozen medium eggs to hard boiled stage, cool under running >and
shell.  On the stovetop heat equal portions (a cup or so) of apple >cider