SC - Re: Pickled egg recipes -- BEETS?

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Tue Oct 21 22:16:37 PDT 1997

>      Ugh, no........ You don't by any chance remember where you saw
> the info,
> do you? It would be interesting reading anyway..........
>
>   Ldy Diana

The  Condensed Chemical Dictionary, 8th edition, Van Nostrand 1971 pp833

"sucrose [chop a bunch of chemical junk] Derivation: By crushing and
extraction of sugar cane [saccharum officinarum] with water or
extraction of the sugar beet [beta vulgaris] with water, evaporating
and  purifying with lime, carbon and various liquids." yummy.
I cant remember offhand where I read the actual extractipn process, but
this gives you some idea of what goes on. If you like, after the new
year i can try to research the actual process....
margali