SC - Re: Pickled egg recipes -- BEETS?

DianaFiona at aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Wed Oct 22 00:06:30 PDT 1997

<<
 "sucrose [chop a bunch of chemical junk] Derivation: By crushing and
 extraction of sugar cane [saccharum officinarum] with water or
 extraction of the sugar beet [beta vulgaris] with water, evaporating
 and  purifying with lime, carbon and various liquids." yummy.
 I cant remember offhand where I read the actual extractipn process, but
 this gives you some idea of what goes on. If you like, after the new
 year i can try to research the actual process....
 margali

      Please! It still sounds interesting---and the bit above doesn't really
sound all that bad. *It* makes me think that they are using the various items
to remove all the natural flavors from the syrup. Those flavors might not be
bad--just not the "flavorless" sugar we expect. Or they again, they might be
a trifle unpleasant.......... Anyone out there sampled sugar beets? And we
still haven't come up with very solid evidence that they are period..........
Any luck on that, Jon?

Ldy Diana