SC - head cook vs. feastocrat

Wed Oct 22 10:54:53 PDT 1997

>I'm usually "Chief cook and bottle washer", but then I come from a very
>small group and usually am the last one out of the kitchen. THose of you
>from bigger groups who get to leave the kitchen when the feast is over
>and let others deal with the dishes don't know how lucky you are!
>
>Julleran

Sorry, it usually doesn;t work that way, even in the big groups.  The
person in charge is responsible for seeing that the work gets done.

Once the last course is out the door, I get a chance to pull on a tunic
and do a walk around on the floor to see how the service went and how
the food was received.  Then it is back to the kitchen to cool the
ovens, clean the stove before the last spills set, see that the dishes
are properly cleaned and packed, that the food is stored, and that none
of the help gets killed trying to do things the wrong way.

If you're lucky, you have a good sized kitchen and a good crew and be
done early enough to join the parties.

Bear