SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #366

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Wed Oct 22 20:19:56 PDT 1997

I think it's part of a move to dump the "------- o crat" designation. Is
pretty silly, when you think about it. Autocrat, feastocrat, merchantocrat,
trashocrat, etc. Seems like any time anyone wants to designate a new
position, it's "-----ocrat". As a chirurgeon, I really would prefer not to
be called a "first-aidocrat".

Phlip
- ----
Well, I don't know about the more experienced people's association with the
x-o-crat term, but I know why I personally have an aversion to it.  It has
to do with the "crat" part of it.  Sounds much to similar to "crap" which
has distinctly unsavory images associated with it.  I would just assume not
be associated with those images.  :)

- -Laurene