SC - Re- eggs

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Fri Oct 24 00:50:08 PDT 1997

Elizabeth/Betty Cook posted the recipes for two stuffed eggs.

Thank You!, Elizabeth. These sound wonderful. I think I can even understand
them without full redactions and I think I can make a guess for reasonable
amounts. I thought I was going to have to wait until you finished your
redactions. But I will be interested in seeing your redactions when you
finish them.

But in the first one:

The Making of Stuffed Eggs
Andalusian p. A-24

Take as many eggs as you like, and boil them whole in hot water; put them
in cold water and split them in half with a thread. Take the yolks aside
and pound cilantro and put in onion juice, pepper and coriander, and beat
all this together with murri, oil and salt and knead the yolks with this
until it forms a dough.
<<<<<<<

Any idea what *murri* is?

Interesting that it specifies cutting the egg with a thread instead of a
knife.

Then stuff the whites with this and fasten it
together, insert a small stick into each egg, and sprinkle them with
pepper, God willing.
<<<<<<<

What is the stick for? I assume the stick is meant to be put in through
the thick part of the egg perpendicular to the cut which is lengthwise
through the egg. Is the stick to hold the egg while eating it?

Stuffed eggs
Platina book 9

  With this mixture fill the whites of the eggs and when they
are stuffed, fry them over a gentle flame, in oil.  When they are fried,
make a sauce from the rest of the yolks and raisins ground together, and
when you have moistened them in verjuice and must, add ginger, clove, and
cinnamon and pour over the eggs and let them boil a little together.
<<<<<<<<

Interesting that the hard-boiled eggs are then fried and then boiled again.

Stefan li Rous
mark_harris at email.sps.mot.com