SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #387

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Fri Oct 24 09:33:57 PDT 1997

Several points:

1.  So when people went out for a picnic they deliberately didn't
choose an area with a spring close by?  I think that bubbly water is
perfectly reasonable under certain circumstances.

2.  I'm sure you're all going to sit on me for this, but my favourite
knife is a Mundial, which doesn't even complain after cutting up a
whole sheep into manageable bits.

3.  Do people think that a small amount of tact is called for
occasionally?  I mean, I know that there are half-a-dozen or so
'important' people on the list, and the rest of us aren't, but do we
really have to be squashed quite so heavily?  Self-esteem isn't
always that easy to come by.

4.  Can anyone help with documentation for haybox cookery?  Seems
like a good thing to use for no-fire picnic events, but I'd like to
have documentation.

5.  The only eel we've had to deal with (and it lasted about 6 meals
for the pair of us) was not electric in any way (are there multiple
species of eel, apart from fresh/salt water?  Maybe I should ask my
zoologist husband).  It did, however, die very hard.  We ended up
using an axe and hoping none ofthe neighbours was watching...

cheers

Cairistiona

Dr. Ian van Tets
Dept. of Zoology
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701 RSA

ph: +27 +21 650 3641 (w), 650 3301 (fax), 47 5324 (H)