SC - birch

Tyrca at aol.com Tyrca at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 15:09:28 PDT 1997

<< carrot raisin mead
 in the carboy now, I used Red Star Cote de Blanc >>

Sounds intriguing.  My first was a white pyment, which is a grape juice mead.
 My mentor, Lord Barat FitzWalter Reynolds, came up with Concord Pyment,
using Welch's concord juice.  I have never liked red wine or grape juice, so
I started with Welch's White grape juice.  I bottled it in Champagne Bottles,
and put it up a little early, to get a nice sparkle.  It was wondermous!
    Saturday I'm going to bottle my second try, current Methyglyn.  I used
Knotts Berry Farm Current jelly, and a box of dried currents with the honey,
and it came out a beautiful light clear red.  I think it will be great, but
we will have to wait a couple of months to be sure.  the white pyment I
called Tyrca's Temptation, and I've named the current mead A Mazer's Grace.
(sorry)  I'll let you know what it turns like.

Tyrca