SC - winter

Aine of Nowhere sybella at gte.net
Fri Oct 24 16:37:44 PDT 1997

ANN1106 at aol.com wrote:

> I grew up in NYC and just moved to Miami Beach this past January.  It would
> have to go down to at least 40 degrees (anywhere) before I would wear my mink
> coat!!

yeah, but my dear look what you are used to....\

> 50 degrees is cool, but comfortable - but definitely too hot for any type of
> fur coat.

sure, but remember I am acclimated to much warmer weather....and I am sure ou are
not used to months and months of hot humid weaather...I will bet any amount of
money, that you have a/c and keep it in the 70's during the summer.  I have NO
air conditioning...and am quite happy, and no it is warm but not hot to me....I
wear long sleeve shirt and do not sweat in the hot
Sept weather......  tell me, can you drive around white, white miami without
shades?  I did.... the difference in is what one is acclimated to....
it has absolutely nothing to do with blood thick or thin.....

> I laugh when I see people with sweaters and gloves on in 55 degree
> weather!

you will be right there with us after a few yrs of no real winter.....and so will
yer wardrobe...

>  And don't tell me that "my blood will thin out" after living here
> for awhile - we all know that blood does not do a seasonal thinning out!!!
> Audrey - the lurker

no audrey blood does NOT thin or get thick it is what you are used to......
like I said, how do you fair in our long hot summers, without air conditioning?
I live in an old style before a/c florida house....my bedroom is floor to ceiling
windows on three sides... with all the windows and doors open I get serious cross
breezes.  I also have a terrazzo floor,  cool and nice in the summer, but like
walking on ice in the winter...my heat is a space heater....and fans...
but my elec bills are about $80/yr round for a 1150SF house.

smiles, I like my mink and still think that anything below 70 _is_ cold....
am a native....what can I say....grins
anne