SC - Apples

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Oct 24 22:36:40 PDT 1997

Kathleen M Everitt wrote:

> >rice flour- minute rice, grind into powder in a blender.
> >margali
>
> Thanks. Now I have to go out and buy...(Shudder) minute rice. :-D
> Never thought of that.
>
> Julleran

Why the shudder? It is a convenience. I use chicken or beef stock, or
even milk instead of water, instead of the salt I use poudre doulce. I
have a few people who dont believe it is minute rice. It just lacks the
heavy starch content that glues sone forms of rice together, if I want
to fake it, I add rice starcch to the cooking water. I have a life, and
I do a fair number of one skillet meals with it that I have passed off
in camping events for "real food" as a few people declared before.
margali