SC - Mustard Soup

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Mon Oct 27 07:44:06 PST 1997

Jane Waks wrote:

> I just checked my mail for the first time since the discussion
> began on the SCA-Cooks list about Baron Salaamallah's famous
> mustard soup.  I have a file of Nocking Points and of course
> Pikestaffs, including the A&S issues, and will check through
> them for the soup recipe.  I know it's there, I made a copy
> for myself awhile back.
>
>                         Caitlin, EK historian and sometime cook

Many thanks, Caitlin!

I was wondering about Master Salaamallah's source, and the recipe in
general. We've been trying to determine whether he has simply deviated
from the Taillevent recipe a bit, replacing the poached eggs with a
cream and egg liaison, or if he has used a different source.

Any info you can provide would be a great help...no one else on the list
seems to have access to that exact recipe.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com