SC - request for Clotted Cream

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Tue Oct 28 11:14:41 PST 1997

>>thinking of serving the bread swan subtlety that was talked about a month
>>ago, but I don't know what to fill the "back" with...butter seems just a
>>bit too far from white)
>
>Perhaps some sort of clotted or sour cream? Was the later used in the Middle
>Ages? Are of talking about a condiment for just bread or other items? Although
>not as useable, salt would fit and it is white.
>
>Not for the swans, but wouldn't a turnip dish fit the idea of a "white" dish?
>Was there a mashed turnip dish similar to our mashed potatos?
>
>Stefan li Rous

   Well, I probably quoted too much of the text.  Sorry.  When I saw this
post, I remembered a Garden Club meeting I went to once where the Lady of
the house served Clotted Cream with bread and crackers.  it was WONDERFUL!
I have never been able to find a recipe for this, nor have I ever seen it
for sale in the stores.  Does anyone have a recipe for Clotted Cream?
Please share?  As to the person planning the All White, feast, this really
would be PERFECT!  It is the most beautiful creamy white color, and has a
delightful texture as well.

- -Laurene
- -
*                                          The Tiny Zoo, inc.
*
*
*
*                                         Visit our Web Site!
*
*                            http://www.vr-net.com/~tinyzoo
*