SC - white drinks and other

Christi Redeker C-Redeker at mail.dec.com
Tue Oct 28 11:24:28 PST 1997

Kael asked about white items:

I had a wonderful discussion about soteleties (sp, no I was not an English major) and she suggested to me to carve large turnips and then make candle holders out of them.  Not edible, but defiantely white and would be interesting on the table.

As far as a suggestion for white items to fill the swans, I like the "green" cheese idea.  But if you want something of a different consistency, I mixed garlic, cottage cheese and melted brie together this weekend (big blizzard here in Colorado, we ate what was in the fridge) and we ate it as a spread on bread.  It was very good and my boyfriend (who is afraid of the "idea" of period foods, but who, as Mistress Elaina can attest to, eats almost everything we have tried so far) liked it and had more than I did of the spread.

Murkial
(trying to catch up with the 289 messages that came during the blizzard)