SC - Alphabet pretzels

Gedney, Jeff (Xton) Gedney at executone.com
Tue Oct 28 11:15:41 PST 1997

	----------
	------------------------------

	Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 12:10:14 -0500 (EST)
	From: Mark Schuldenfrei <schuldy at abel.MATH.HARVARD.EDU>
	Subject: Re: SC - Alphabet pretzels

	>  > Second question.  I have a huge desire to a subtlety feast,
but need
	>  > suggestions on a desert that would be sea oriented?  This
would not
	>  > necesarely need to be a sea bi-product just look it.
	>  > Sabia (sabia at unm.edu)
	>
	>  Pastry or marzipan fish, sea shells, boats, etc., floating on
an
	>  appropriately colored leach of jelly?
	>  Adamantius
	>
	>Or, viking boats made out of pineapple.... but that's just the
bait for a
	>story.

	<Excellent story Snipped>

(marian at world.std.com) to
	>describe the sotelties she made for a friends wedding event.
Not only did
	>all the deserts have a maritime theme, but she served them on
the famous
	>Carolingian Boat: the one with no bottom.

*	Tibor

on the subject of Maritime sotelties, I made a 2.5 foot x 4 foot
Maritime sotelty for the Dragonship Haven Bizzarre Bazaar III a number
of years ago.
It consisted of a large sheet cake sculpted to resemble a beach (w/ sand
and pebbles of sugar and hard gingerbread crumbles) and a had a 16"
fully rigged gingerbread and candy dragonship  (lapstrake construction,
tholeports in the top strake, Oseberg type head and tail, oars trailing
in the water, an articulated steerboard, striped sail w/ brailing and
beitass, and rigging - the underdecks were also documented in
construction, the mast could be unstepped, and there were rocks in the
bilges as ballast!).   The Norsemen were leaping out  of the boat as it
beached on the shore, and proceeded to sack a small village with
roundhouse ( on fire - orange icing -- and filled with chocolate coins)
and with a "wattle" livestock pen filled with animal cookies.
The shapes of the cookie Vikings and villagers were taken off the
Gotland Friezes ( I no longer have the references )

Margali, ask Briece (she was the autocrat) to tell you about it some
time. It came off really well.

BTW - I know it was not "period",  but what else could I do? I had to
use Fruit roll-ups for the sail, and Licorice ropes for the rigging.

Brandu