SC - 3rd request for mock Peacock! PLEASE?

Ron and Laurene Wells tinyzoo at vr-net.com
Tue Oct 28 15:12:58 PST 1997

   I know there are hundreds of messages that come through here, so perhaps
my request got lost in the shuffle the last 2 times I posted it.  A long
while back someone was talking about "subtleties" and mentioned making a
Peacock out of a turkey, using some sort of food coloring and bread dough
somehow.  I am planning a surprise birthday party for my Mom - it is her
50th birthday coming up this winter - and would LOVE to make this for her.
Any ideas on how to use her kitchen while making this monster, without her
knowing what I'm up to would be greatly appreciated as well!  She lives in
Idaho and I live in Oregon, so making it at my home and transporting it to
her house is not an option.  At the very least though, could someone please
post a details recipe with instructions on how I should go about making this
mock Peacock?  Greatly appreciated!  I promise, if I can make this thing, I
will take pictures and post them on my web page for all to see!  Christmas
is only 2 month away!  I gotta get some more firm details planned about this
party!
   Oh, and the bread swan sounds delightful as well!  I think I'll make 2,
and if someone will share that Clotted Cream recipe, that will fill one of
the swans, and Maybe mashed potatoes in the other.  I'm getting some
wonderful ideas for this...  Thank you everyone!

BTW - feeding my entire family will be very much like a small feast.  There
are my parents, my 5 siblings, my brother's wife and their new baby
(granted, who won't be eating much of the fare, beyond the mother's milk
processed version), my husband and our 2 children, my Grandfather, and any
guests who are guaranteed to arrive as well!  So there's a minimum of 13
people, but for the party, we're hoping several people from the church will
come as well...   (brainstorm happening here... there is a kitchen in the
church - I migth be able to make the turkey/peacock over there, if I can
plan ahead VERY well, and get everything I need transported to that
kitchen...)  I'm not worried that a Turkey will be too much food for this
celebration.  Mom hasn't had a surprise birthday party for herself ever
since I can remember, I think it's her turn now!

- -Laurene