SC - Coriander vs. cilantro

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 28 22:49:00 PST 1997

At 9:48 PM +0000 10/29/97, Robin Carroll-Mann wrote:
>And it came to pass on 28 Oct 97, that LrdRas at aol.com wrote:
>
>> A better question would be <does anyone out there have a period
>> recipe from the barbarous Europeans the uses cilantro as an
>> ingredient?>   :-)
>>
>> <blinking innocently as I adjust my turban>
>>
>> Ras
>
>::Smiling sweetly::   Here are three, for a start.  They are from
>the 1529 edition of the "Libro de Guisados".

That's cheating. Where do you think the Spanish got their recipes from?

You might as well offer the high quality of the Indian, Chinese, and
Italian restaurants in London as evidence of the virtues of modern English
cooking.

Just think how well the rest of Frangistan could have been eating if that
Martel fellow hadn't kept civilization south of the Pyranees.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/