SC - Redaction class on-line

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 29 12:28:24 PST 1997

david friedman wrote:

> Perre? I want to know if you mash the peas, or throw them away and use the
> liquid they were boiled in.
>
> David/Cariadoc

Funny you should mention that! I just acquired a copy of Chiquart's "De
Fait Du Cuisine" a couple of weeks ago, which uses more pea puree as a
neutral base than any other source I've ever seen. I  get the feeling
that peas might be boiled to the right degree of softness, and any
excess liquid is drained off before making the cretonnee, or whatever.
The drained liquid is then used in place of stock or almond milk on fish
days, of course.

What I want to know is, are the larded mushrooms glazed with a gilding
of egg yolks, by roasting, or are they sauteed to produce a dry, crumbly
dish like mushroom kasha, OR are they cooked like mushroom scrambled
eggs...?

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com