Re- SC - Spices

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Sep 3 12:16:14 PDT 1997

                      RE>Re- SC - Spices                           9/3/97

<snip>
mead and apple juice and such. Do you break open the sticks and scrape the
powder off? Put it in the food and cook it like bay leaves and then remove it?
And what do you mean by licorice sticks? When I think of licorice sticks I
think of the long red or black "noodles". But I thought those were a candy.
Perhaps these are like modern marshmallows are to the real thing?
<snip>

cinnamon, I think, you can grind in a mortar or coffee grinder.  Licorice I am
pretty sure is a root, so a licorice stick would be a dried blackish stick
like thing- the dried root.
- -brid