SC - Greetings unto local newsle

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Tue Sep 9 12:15:46 PDT 1997

<<  So you're
 making thick wheat porridge and then frying it into dumplings after mixing
 in your scallops and spices. Drool. >>

Basically, yes. I took 'wheat berries' , whizzed them in a food processor
'til they were sort of flour-like with some bits left in them and put them in
a pot with the appropriate amount of water. I then brought them to a boil,
reduced the heat to medium and commenced stirring. I cooked and stirred until
everything formed a ball and rolled around in the pot. I removed it from the
heat beat in the remaining ingredients, (one at a time, (not an easy task.
:-0), I then let it cool and heated some olive oil and dropped the mixture by
the tblspn full into the olive oil. I DID NOT WRAP THE BALLS IN CAUL FAT
BECAUSE IT WAS UNAVAILABLE at the time. I had previously made a truly rich
and concentrated fish stock. I heated it and put a3 tbslspns of the stock on
a raised lip serving plate and arranged 5 of the dumplings on this sauce.
Yummmm! Good! My only regret is that the caul was unavailable. My butcher
assures me that he can get it if I order early enough in advance. I will
forward the exact redaction and recipe WHEN I have perfected it (read> get
caul fat).

Comments please.

Lord Ras