SC - snails and other things.

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Wed Sep 10 18:39:42 PDT 1997

                      RE>SC - snails and other things.             9/10/97

<snip>
thing Britain ever did as an empire was to introduce Brussel Sprouts
throughout
<snip>

I have no idea about eating snails- knowing only that the evil creatures that
demolish our gardens and favorite plants are an introduction- escapees from a
french restaurant (myth?).  And I can't bring myself to try eating them.
But at my favorite Japanese restaurant we got a strange little green vege in
our tempura.  Quite tastey- couldn't identify it!  Finally disected the beasty
enough to realize it was a brussel sprout!  My husband was horrified- he hates
brussel sprouts with a passion, though I have tried to tell him they can be
very good- and he had happily chowed on the tempura'd ones!
- -brid