SC - Soup stock

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 12 05:37:04 PDT 1997

<< It appears that the old world gourds fell
 into disuse (maybe they do not taste as well, who can say)  >>

A more plausible explanation would that Old World varieties do (did) not
yield as well as New World varieties. Every year I have to buy luffas because
of the low yield but I lots of zucchini if anyone would like some............

Lord Ras