SC - Snails and Salamand

Fri Sep 12 07:13:36 PDT 1997

>Not ANYTHING!!!. Just anything that's edible. :-)
>
>Lord Ras
>(who'll eat anything edible once but might not eat it again. :-) (e.g. potato
>salad and half-cooked onions. Yuckkk! The only 2 things I won't eat.)

What kind of potato salad was inedible?  Eastern potato salad where the
potatoes are chunky?  Okie potato salad where the taters are mashed?
Cold German mustard potato salad?  Hot German potato salad?  Or did
someone try to feed you a tossed salad of tater greens? (Grin)

Just yesterday I had a fine hot German potato salad at Ingrid's Deli and
Backerei (mit all der umlauts and stuff).  Last week I had an American
style potato salad at a barbeque joint and all I could taste was
vinegar.  Here in Oklahoma City, it's a toads and princes problem.  A
good potato salad is a joy, but mediocrity is the unfortunate norm.

BTW, how do you half cook an onion?  The only time I came close was when
I had four ovens fail while I was cooking a feast and the onions were
still raw.

Bear