SC - Katherine

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Sep 12 09:20:28 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.

Lord Ras writes:

><< She mentions that one recipe includes fish scales,
> another using cow udder (mmmmm).  >>
>
>Don't think the fish scales thingy would be too tasty (but who knows?).

The only recipe I know of (which is certainly not to say the only
one there is!) that calls for fish scales uses them, optionally,
ground, to fortify the gelling of a galentine.  They're not there
for flavor, they're there for gelatin.

Quick note to all: I am around, but unlikely to be very active
for the next couple of weeks.  My husband had a major coronary
last Monday; I'm back at work today, but the time I'm not spending
at work, I'm spending at the hospital.  All stable now, but still
... time-consuming.

- -- Katerine/Terry