SC - Julleran's Sugar/Candy Glass

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sat Sep 13 05:34:42 PDT 1997

Meliora & Drake wrote:

> Hello,
>
>         I'm currently making Violet syrup which involves suspending batches
> of violet flower petals in sugar syrup (this from Elinor Fettiplate). Any
> suggestions on what uses the petals might have after being removed from the
> violet-flavoured sugar syrup?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Meliora de Curci.

Remove them??? REMOVE THEM??? Shocking!!!

Actually, you might be able to remove them and dust them with granulated
sugar, and dry them in the sun on a wax-papered cookie sheet. I haven't
tried this myself, though, and am not sure it would work. (Although
that's never stopped me before!)

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com