SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #272

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Tue Sep 16 15:22:02 PDT 1997

Julleran wrote:

>Would candy molds that you can buy at art stores work, or are they
>just for chocolates which I imagine would have lower temperatures than
>melted sugar?

If you buy the same kind I do, no, they won't work.  Plastic molds will
melt with the high temperature or at a minimum will warp.  The rubber
ones probably won't work either because of the high temperature.

Master Dyfan ab Iago from AEthelmearc made a large sugar swan from
melted sugar and used one of the "ice" molds that one freezes water in.
 I'm assuming it is metal - Never saw it, but I do have a photo of it.

Claricia made mention of scanning in photos.  Actually, I have quite a
collection from over the Known World that began as the photo album of
the Interkingdom Guild of Confectioners.  (May it rest in peace!)  If I
read Claricia's e-mail aright, she (you!) live in Canada so mailing
stuff up there is somewhat iffy.  Anyone live in the US that would want
to scan in photos and set up a web site???  If the photo was sent into
the Guild, can it be put on a website or does it need permission from
the person who took it??

Alys Katharine