SC - Stained Glass Questions

Wed Sep 17 06:54:17 PDT 1997

> Adamantius helpfully explained how to keep candy from sticking:
>
>> Another is a bag of rice flour, made like a baseball pitcher's
>> rosin bag, which is used to dust surfaces with the flour.
>
>But I don't know what a rosin bag is or looks like, so this is a
>complete lack of description to me.  Help?
>
>Claricia Nyetgale

The flour bag I'm familiar with is rectangular about 6" by 4" and made
of linen.  I used to use flour sacking, when it was available.

Fine flour will sift through the weave and spread flour dust.  In baking
you use the technique on greased tins where you need a fine coat of
flour or to lightly dust surfaces where you are working fine doughs.

Bear