SC - Website Suggestions for photos

Wed Sep 17 11:59:22 PDT 1997

The United States and Canada are both signatory to the Berne Copyright
Union.
The copyright laws of both countries reflect this fact and a violator of
an American copyright can be sued in signatory nations.

Photographers owns all the rights to their photographs, unless the work
is done for hire, in which case the rights belong to the employer, or
where the rights have been sold to another party.  The holder(s) of
these rights control the where and how the photographs are to be
displayed.

Posting the photo on a web site constitutes "publishing" and is a
violation of copyright.  Whether the photographer would sue or not is a
different question.  Penalties would be decided by the court in the case
of a lawsuit.

Depending on the jurisdiction and the precise laws invoked, putting the
photograph on the web site is illegal.  Would you get sued?  Probably
not, unless the photographer was a big name or the subject was one that
could make a lot of money.

Bear