SC - Flaming Order of C

Paul Louis pocopup at classic.msn.com
Wed Sep 17 14:25:49 PDT 1997

Haikufu!

	Covering several threads...

- ---

> (Holding my poor head.)
>
> Can we just redact recipes and leave my impending sainthood to the likes of the
> Pope?
>
> Yers,
>
> Gunthar

	Oh, don't worry - to be sainted, we'll have to martyr you. Your
headache will stop after that...

- ---

	In the voting - Hai!

- ---

	Badges - I'd suggest we approach these as pilgrims' medallions, which
simply meant, basically, "I went there and did that," quite fitting, I
suppose, for those declaring their 'journeys' here. Further, we really
don't have to submit the silly thing. The College of Arms as a
multi-kingdom board of heraldic approval is a Society creation, and we
all support being more authentic, neh? In any case, pilgrims' badges are
traditionally informal.

	As for design, I still like the joke inherent in a flaming salamander
on a roundel, and after all punning heraldry *is* historically
supportable.

- ---

	Finally, in an attempt to somehow get the discussion back to cookery,
there was a question asked over on the Rialto concerning noodles in
Japan. Does anyone have information, preferable primary, that would
document their existence pre-Edo period (before 1603)?

	Yumitori