SC - re: types of feasts

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Thu Sep 18 13:58:36 PDT 1997

Kat wrote:

>> My Head Cook and I planned a magnificent "remove"-less feast,
with different dishes set up at different stations around the hall (to
promote mingling, and a carnival-like atmosphere) and foods brought out at
different times.

>>Naturally, the Nobs showed up, chewed me raw for not setting up a head
table
(it was a village carnival theme, for krissakes) .... (etc.)

Somewhat rhetoricallly.... What Nobs are these?  If they're your local folks
(Baron & Baroness or equivalent), how did the event get to the point of
about-to-happen without their realizing what your intent was?  If they were
"outside" Nobs, why didn't your own Nobs stand up in your defense?

Less rhetorically, I've found that you can avoid a lot of hassle, as
Autocrat or Head Cook, by getting your own mucky-mucks on board (or at least
aware of and acquiescing to) your plans.  That way if out-of-area Nobs show
up, you can throw the Baron at them as a defense, while getting on with the
work of runnign the event.  That's why they get the fancy hats.