SC - Salamanders and badges

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Fri Sep 19 07:36:19 PDT 1997

morgan wrote:

> Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:
>
> >> Last bit of personal opinion: don't do the "salamander fondue",
>
>     Ooh, Thank you!!  I heartily agree with your opinion and your
> suggestion.  I just could *NOT*  bear to show a cheesy salamander on
> my
> person, or at me camp.
>
>   Sincerely Grateful for level heads provailing,
>
> Caointiarn

I'm sorry, I love the idea of the flaming salamander, and if somebody
would be so kind as to turn it into a drawing or pattern, I still want
to do if, for myself if for no other! Too too often the people in the
sca get a great idea like this, and then they get serious and use a
boring mundane blah politically correct badge. I for one am an old
timer, and I love being silly and having fun. What is the point of a
badge for a cathedral that started out as a rolling gag being serious?

margali