SC - Commemorative Cooking

Fri Sep 19 08:51:03 PDT 1997

You can do the lombardy chicken without an oven (I know, I had to do it
myself).  Cook the chicken and rice on top of the stove (if you have gas and
can light by hand) or in the microwave if necessary; layer them together
with the cheese while still hot (so the cheese will melt), heat it in the
microwave once layered to melt the cheese further, then take it out and let
it set up.

I served this to company and they ate it all up; you don't even have to
brown the top with your blowtorch (tried that, didn't work).

Caitlin

Ok, here's a little challenge - My oven has died, and my parents are coming
this weekend expecting something medieval.  So, what can I do that doesn't
require cooking, or can be done in a microwave? (I know, not period, but
I'm desperate!)

Thanks a million!

Raffaella (who's plans for that wonderful lombardy chicken and rice dish
died with the stove *sigh*)