SC - alyocotes

Debra Hense debh at microware.com
Fri Sep 19 11:57:01 PDT 1997

- ---"Decker, Terry D." <TerryD at Health.State.OK.US> wrote:

> Afflicted?  Lunatic?  Those sound like the words of
> Infidels, along with maniacal and other such synonyms.
> I assure you, this group is gonzo.
>
> The late Bjorn Magnusson Esping, Baron Namron, was a
> cook and a proponent of gonzo.  I forget the argument
> (it was a little drunk out and about 15 years ago),
> but Bjohn, whose training in psychology was showing,
> made the case for gonzo being the scientific term.
>
> He firmly believed that when one lost their gonzo,
> they became stodgy, stuffy and boring.  This list
> is not stodgy, stuffy, or boring, and it has a
> definite pechant for the odd, off-beat and whimsical.
> Bjohn would have declared this list gonzo and enjoyed it >
thoroughly.

 Bear, I doubt not that you have spoken true words.

If there has ever been a more gonzo Baron in Ansteorra,
I would nominate Pepin. But, then, I remember that he
learnt his craft of governance at the knee of Bjorn.

Best feast I ever had in Namron came from Bjorn's planning,
IIRC. I ate very well that night, while others at my table
(with more modern palates) sent out for other victuals --
the more fools they!

===
Pax ... Kihe / Adieu -- Amra / TTFN -- Mike
Kihe Blackeagle / Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra /
Mike C. Baker       F.O.B. (Friend Of Blackfox)
My opinions are my own -- no one else would want them!