SC - Badge/vote results

DianaFiona@aol.com DianaFiona at aol.com
Fri Sep 19 22:02:45 PDT 1997

<<
 I do not know this gentle, but would be pleased to help out!  I know what
Madrigal's are, but I have a question about a Madrigal dinner.  Do they eat
before they sing, or sing, eat, sing, eat, etc.

 Murkial

    Depends........ The ones I've seen around here, the guests (Usually
paying) eat while the singers entertain. There are usually servers in garb as
well, and a typical 12th Night feast should be a good model for the food.
I.E., several courses of English traditional dishes. Yorkshire pudding and
roast beef, plum pudding with hard sauce, mulled wine or cider......... Not
really period, but it's what you usually see when the mundanes put on a
Madrigal dinner. Our college Chamber singers used to do these, which my lord
performed at. It gave us our first chance to do something "Medieval-ish", and
is probably what sparked our interest in the whole SCA thing.

Ldy Diana
Vulpine Reach, Meridies