SC - Badge/vote results

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 14:46:20 PDT 1997

<< The ones I've seen around here, the guests (Usually
 paying) eat while the singers entertain. There are usually servers in garb
as
 well, and a typical 12th Night feast should be a good model for the food.
 I.E., several courses of English traditional dishes.  >>

Ditto on the typical Madrigal Feast. It has also been my experience that most
people outside the SCA who organize/attend Medieval like affairs expect what
appears to be  a Victorian attempt at reproducing a Medieval dinner.

Suggested Victorian Medieval Reproduction Menu:

Mulled Cider
Pork Roast with gravy
Candied whole or quartered carrots
Turnips Cooked in Broth
Parsleyed Potatoes (cringe!)
Coleslaw (made with a vinegar/sugar/celery seed dressing)
Homemade Rolls
Bread Pudding with a Caramel Sauce

Cinnamon Apple Rings could be used to 'dress up' the plates

Most of the above is definately not period but would be what a mundane might
expect at such an event.

Lord Ras ( who is still cringing)