SC - Potatoes?

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sat Sep 20 20:11:09 PDT 1997

<< All I know is that my mother got it from her mother (half Dutch) who got
it
 from her mother ( Dutch) and that is as far back that we have been able to
 track it.:)
 Lady Betta >>

Wan't questioning the unique flavor of the recipe but only inquiring as to
history.  For example, there are those who believe, with solid research, that
corn, hot peppers and green beans were introdused early in period via a route
from the East.

Research cannot disprove this but alternatively it cannot prove it although
extant documents and a rare archeological dig tend to lean in favor of the
earlier introduction. I believe it was earlier but I am opposed to their use
in feasts on the grounds that their use being obviuously derived from the New
World is particularly distracting to those trying to be 'in persona'.

Potatoes , however, are not among the questionable items. Thery were clearly
introduced as a food item USED BY NOBILITY well after period. :-)

Lord Ras