SC - Potatoes?

Uduido@aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Sun Sep 21 19:46:18 PDT 1997

>Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 14:26:30 -0400
>From: marilyn traber <margali at 99main.com>
>Subject: Re: SC - Disappointment
>
>Uduido at aol.com wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 97-09-20 09:58:56 EDT, you write:
>>
>> <sigh> I suppose that this means that Isicia ex Spondylis is out at
>> the
>> Lady's Champion s Tourney is out as 'period'? <sigh> Back to the
>> drawing
>> board and please accept my apologies, SCA-Cooks for posting my first
>> piece og
>> garbage.:-(
>>
>> Lord Ras (It was tasty tho' and inclusion in mundane recipe files
>> would not
>> be out of line.)

Hey--what are we coming up on for ladies, the 10th or 12th? Wait--it's the
10th---I was pregnant with my first while cooking at the second one. How
about revisiting my original menu to a certain degree.....Beef Birds,
Fruit-Glazed Chicken Breasts, Apecian Carrots (old hat, I know), a bunch of
stuff I don't remember, spinach salad with Mebh's Hot Bacon Dressing, bread
and herb butter, "Spruce" (ginger lemonade), Coffee, Beer (donated),
cheesecake for dessert, gingerbread treasure chest soteltie (not
mine--Kellen I think)? You could take it all and "revamp" it for our new,
modern, gotta document everything era. There's not much there you can't find
in period!

That could turn into something like: Veal (Or venison)Olives, Apricot
Chiken, Anything but Apecian Carrots, a bunch of fancy stuff only you could
dream up,
Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon dressing, A Beverage of choice, Platina's
Ginger Cheese Tarte, a comemorative Soteltie........

Aoife--just realizing exactly how old she is.

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.
				---Alexandre Dumas

Experience is simply the name we give to our mistakes.
				---Oscar Wilde

Hold tight, Grommit. Think of Lancashire Hotpot.
				---Wallace, A Grande Day Out