SC - Lady's Tourney

Griff41520@aol.com Griff41520 at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 06:48:47 PDT 1997

Brid wrote:
  OOH!ooh!ooh!
  If my previous "salamander as a nef" does not appeal, what about a
  salamander(animal) whose tail ends in a salamander(cooking iron)!?  So you
  would have a salamander(flaming red/yellow/orange) the end of whose tail was a
  flatened square.  Focs could put him in whatever position (rampant, tergient
  etc.) they please.

Hmmmm.....

Dare I say, that, without meaning too, I can erupt into stuffy purist mode
without wanting to, or needing to.  This, I am afraid, is one of those
times.

You are performing the heraldic equivalent of serving frumenty topped with
marshmellow fluff.....  They didn't do that sort of thing in period
(generalizing into the normal case).

If you want anything that looks like authentic heraldry, I wouldn't do the
"tail" trick above.  If not, well, OK.  I don't have to like it.  (:-)

	Tibor (Calling a tail a spatula does not make it one.... :-)