SC - re: lutefisk!

Mon Sep 22 07:33:10 PDT 1997

On Mon, 22 Sep 1997, Donna Kenton wrote:

> On this note, what's the most interesting thing you've cooked over a
> campfire?  I'm already looking for ideas for next summer's camping.
> <grin>  If anyone is interested, I'll collect this thread, and make it
> available as one document or add it to my web site.

Lasanga. More specifically the cheese lasanga that's in Mary Blacks
"Medieval Cookbook" (anyone remember the name & source?). Turned out ok.
Used a double boiler technique (one pot inside another, with some pebbles
on the bottom of the larger).

/UlfR
(unless you count Old Man Beard lichen with wild onion and
blueberries wrapped in sphagnum moss cooked in a pit? Not medieval to the
best of knowledge.)

- --
Par Leijonhufvud                  par.leijonhufvud at labtek.ki.se
I haven't lost my mind, it's backed up on tape somewhere.