SC - cloven fruit

marilyn traber margali at 99main.com
Mon Sep 22 08:13:07 PDT 1997

Charissa wrote:

> At this years Southern Region War Camp, Mistress Thorkatla (the
> autocrat) decided to try and solve the timing problem of court/dinner by
> holding them at the same time.  Dinner was fend-for-yourself, and she
> planned to set up barbecue grills around the outside court area for
> people to cook their dinners and eat while court was in session.  We
> even jokingly called it a "court-aque" :)  Well, no one really got the
> idea... and it turned out that we (i.e. me and the people I was cooking
> for) were the only people who followed through on this.  I felt like a
> real fool being in the only group eating during court... but, the Lady
> who was our liason to the Royals was so pleased with what I cooked (she
> ate with us) that she asked for our leftovers to feed to assorted Royals
> who were visiting our shire.  I got quite a kick out of the irony
> involved in that! ;)

And well you should! ;  )

I was at that event, and, well, suffice it to say that I couldn't leave
court. There were something like twenty-eight AoA's given (never heard
the question, "Is there someone who can speak for her/him" so many times
in my life), and one peerage which took forever. By the time I was able
to get to even think about dinner, I found that my household had not, in
fact, remembered to throw my communal offering of Scots beef link
sausages with whisky on the grills, and had to stumble through the dark,
with my REALLY bad sense of direction taking me all KINDS of interesting
places. Had some lovely blackberry wine on the way, though, donated by
someone who recognized me from court. The Great Dark Horde was really
quite pleasant about my accidentally using their private grill and coals
for the sausages, though ;  ) , and as I had plenty of sausage we
quickly reached a rental agreement.

All in all, a veritable culinary Odyssey.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com