SC - Disappointment

Mon Sep 22 08:28:04 PDT 1997

Adamantius wrote:
  It's been pointed out to me (by a costuming Laurel friend) that the East
  Kingdom has many, many, more costuming, and C&I Laurels than it has
  cooking Laurels. In the past two years or so five or six Laurels for
  cooking were made, myself included, but they are still vastly
  outnumbered. It does seem as if the cook's art is less essential to the
  SCA experience, for many people, than many other SCA pursuits.

I dunno about that, Adamantius.  The rise of the authentic feast in the East
has been a rather recent phenomenon.  Before the early 90s, it appeared to
me that feeding many was preferred over feeding authentically.

Since I can name about a dozen cooking Laurel's in the East, I don't feel to
badly  about the state of things.  (That's not necessarily Laurel's given
for cookery, but Laurels who cook authentically.)

	Tibor