SC - cloven fruit

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Mon Sep 22 09:32:00 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - thanks                              9/22/97

<snip>
What was peoples first ercipe they learned?
Mine was a baked custard followed by souffle when I was 8.
What got you interested in medieval cooking?
It was the food at events.
margali
<snip>

I can't remmeber for sure!  My mother says all three of her children
cooked/helped from the time we could reach a spoon into the pot on the stove
while standing on a stool.  I have a feeling baked custard, macaroni and
cheese (from scratch) and cheese cake were in there as firsts.
Interest in Medieval cooking- same as all other SCA interests, whether I
manage to put it into practice or not, I want to *know*.
May I add to the above list of questions, how many of you who are regularly
feast cooks and who rank above 'altar-boy' on the heirarchy were competant
cooks before SCA?  I mean did you learn because you were into the SCA, or did
you have a cooking backround before?
- -brid