SC - Held up feast

Donna Kenton donna at dabbler.com
Mon Sep 22 09:27:40 PDT 1997

marilyn traber wrote:

>I don't lnow about that,

<snip>

>I find many people don't think much about hopping into the car and
going 4 hours for a daytrip event, or the whole way to the western
border for camping events.

I should have been more specific.  Compared to the 12-14 hours each way
that my duke and duchess were accustomed to, they find 2-3 hours to be
simply amazing.  A day event "back home" for them took all weekend.  To
most people in the East, where things are so close (comparatively
speaking), that would be unheard of.  I'm near Boston and Providence,
and four hours each way is about my limit.

> I do agree, sometimes it seems to take forever aftr the day events
> before court happens, but many times it is barely long enough to get
> the
> guys out of their armor.

True.  And there are the inevitable glitches which prolong things.  This
is "live," not Memorex.  <grin>

> I personally like having court during the feast, but it can be hard
> tohear the talking over the dinner sounds, but then again, many times
> it is impossible to hear the business going on anyway.

I don't recall ever having seen a court during a feast.  Using a
microphone would help, but hardly suit the atmosphere.

Rosalinde
- --
Rosalinde De Witte/Donna Kenton * donna at dabbler.com *
http://www.dabbler.com/