SC - Spinning Chicken

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Mon Sep 22 17:43:12 PDT 1997

<<  How did it work out?  I'd like to say it's nearly fool-proof, but
 apparently I'm the fool who would prove it wrong.  I did one in windy
 conditions, and managed to set the nearby grass on fire, as well as the
 chicken!  After five hours, it still wasn't done, and I didn't want to
 risk making anyone sick, so I chucked it. >>
I thought I'd already posted the results after Pennsic, but perhaps you
missed it.  It worked great, except for having to parboil the chicken to thaw
it enough to get the skewers in (which did give me chicken stock to cook
veggies in...), and not getting the skewers placed properly the first time,
so that the whole thing fell in the firepit and had to be washed off!  The
7.5 lb chicken cooked in just about 3.5 hours.  We did have to put the
quarters on the grill for about 10 minutes when we discovered it wasn't quite
done on starting to cut it.  It was a delicious chicken, if I do say so
myself!

 <<On this note, what's the most interesting thing you've cooked over a
 campfire?>>
Spinning chicken!

  << If anyone is interested, I'll collect this thread, and make it
 available as one document or add it to my web site. >>

Good idea!

Brangwayna