SC - Burned Rice-saving

Tue Sep 23 09:49:51 PDT 1997

  Although I only cook period foods at my feasts, I had never really
  thought about making documentation available at the feast. I suppose it
  would be helpful as a learning experience if I did so, but I am not sure
  what to offer. Just the recipes and redactions? Additional supporting
  research?

It's a teaching tool, a sharing tool, and a useful bit of paper when someone
wants to recommend you for an award.

My wife used her records from feasts when she got a sick phone call one
Saturday morning at 10 AM.

Me:  "Honey, what are you doing today?"
Her: "Nothing.  I told you I was just coming for court, later.
     <Suspiciously>  "Why?"
Me:  "The cook didn't show up, and it appears she didn't buy or precook
     anything, either."
Her: <silence> "For how many, what's the budget?"
Me:  "About 80, $5 per".
Her: "Tell Fergus I'll be there at 2 PM, with ingredients and crew".

She hit her books, made a list, called a few folks, and had a period, tasty
meal ready on time for 6 PM.  Part of what she used were her records from
previous events: each recipe is pre-written for 8, and with an ingredients
list.  Just multiply by the number of tables.

She got the EK award for excellence in feasts and service for this little
miracle.

	Tibor