SC - Commemorative Cooking

Jeanne Stapleton jstaplet at adm.law.du.edu
Tue Sep 23 11:46:37 PDT 1997

Brett and Karen Williams wrote:

> The sleeve cited will fit into a squared-off armsceye rather than a
> rounded one. It's also sufficiently loose enough and square enough to
> handle the quilting and long cuffs described. When I first read Master
> Adamantius' description, my first thought was that someone who really
> knew cloth and its properties well had designed his garment with its
> intended purpose exactly in mind-- a success in cloth.
>
> ciorstan

Baroness Katherine Gilliesfleur, Mistress of the Laurel, and Vicereine
of Ostgardr. She made it for me for the Coronation of Horic and Leah
(while simultaneously making some garb for them as well) and I think she
was impressed by the fact that I asked her for some proper work clothes,
rather than something spiffy-looking but non-functional (that would be
my Laurel garb!)

As originally stated, I was wearing that cote when I leaped into a lit
convection oven with a towel wrapped loosely around each hand, surviving
unscathed. (There was a piece of foil wrapped around the fan blades, and
it was  in the process of burning out.) I think the head cook at the
time was frightened a lot more than I was. He described me subsequently
as the Indiana Jones of the kitchen... .

Couldn't decide if that was better or worse than having Master Richard
the Poor of Ely singing, off-key, the song that appears at the beginning
of every episode of the BBC sitcom, "Chef!", every time I saw him.

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com