SC - Held up feast

Jasper Fieth cem8780 at omega.uta.edu
Tue Sep 23 20:12:51 PDT 1997

Marisa Herzog wrote:

>                       RE>>SC - bird or bay?                        9/23/97
>
> <snip>
>
> And, to compress my original point to the nth degree, if the award is for what
> you cook, frequently...?
>
> Adamantius
> <snip>
>
> a Laurel, pelican wings, a halo and the undieing adoration of the rest of the
> virtual cooks cathedral?
> my next question.  does anybody have good period pickled vegeble recipies?
> -brid
> (tummy perpetually rumbling as list is now back on topic)

In other words, elevation to the rank of Angel in the Cook's Cathedral
Heirarchy?

Sorry to dig for a resolution here, but I seem to be denied by
circumstances a niche in anybody's Perceived Order of Things: I have an
arts award for artistic achievement that no one would know about or have
heard of were it not for my service. In the East there is this topic of
discussion among artisans, known as Service to the Arts, which seems as
if it might be regarded as an oxymoron in any other, sensible kingdom.
Service to the Arts can either be a way for arts awards holders being
polled, to pass the buck to the pelicans and other service types, or it
can be a way of giving an arts award to someone who deserves an award
for service, but who has upset some pelicans, or some such. Kind of a
License to Employ a Double Standard...

As for the question of pickles, I was thinking in terms of composte
(FoC, 103, IIRC) to be made from Aoife's cabbages, pears, parsnips, etc.
The only [redacted] recipe I have for it makes something like 50 pounds,
so unless we can get Lord Ras or one of the other gentles who has worked
with this dish to post a more managable recipe, I'll need a bit of time
to work out a smaller-quantity recipe.

A similar dish for beets, carrots, or cucumbers can be found in Ein
Buoch Von Guter Speiss, if I remember correctly, but the instructions
seem to suggest that this version of the dish is not intended for long
preservation. I have a canning jar in my fridge, of compost that has to
be two years old, and still apparently good...at least I ate some a week
or so ago, and it didn't kill me, and still tasted more or less the same
as always.

I'll see if I can avoid frightening people with my event-sized recipe...

Adamantius
Phil & Susan Troy
troy at asan.com