SC - Re:I need willowbark

Louise Sugar dragonfyr at tycho.com
Wed Sep 24 08:17:04 PDT 1997

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997, Decker, Terry D. wrote:

> Do you use straight rum or cut it with water?  Is the crock loosely or
> tightly covered?  Are the citrus slices rind-on?  If so, how quickly
> does the alcohol soften the rind?
>
> Your comments on your experiences will be appreciated.
>
> Bear

I use one of those big glass canning jars with the rubber ring and the
metal grips that push the top down over the metal ring.

I include commerical 'fruitcake mix' or citron, a few candied cherries,
some real lemon and orange peel (cut in strips with the white goop scraped
off), and just a few slices of lemon cut in quarters and included whole to
add some flavor.  Raisins, currants, golden raisins.  Some sliced apples.
cover it with a mixture of bourbon and rum.  stir every month or so.

Elaina

(would you like a fruitcake for christmas, bear?)